CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
Chief Executive Officer
As advisors, I feel it is important to remember every day why we do what we do. My passion to work with individuals and families is deeply rooted in my own life experiences. I lost my mother to a decade-long battle with cancer in the spring of 2008 when she was only 52 years old. It was at that point I truly began to realize the importance of planning for your future and protecting your loved ones. Today, that loss serves as a source of motivation for me as I work with others.
I sincerely enjoy teaching and helping others understand their financial world by explaining it in terms they understand. By working together, we can help take away the stress associated with investing and finances by implementing a plan that is measurable, achievable, and laid out in a logical order.
Born and raised in Freeport, Illinois, I’m a proud graduate of Western Illinois University’s School of Business and earned a bachelor’s degree in marketing and master’s in sports business. I’ve continued to expand my education and expertise since entering the finance industry, obtaining my CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in 2015.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, traveling, exercising and running, and trying to catch as many sporting events and concerts as I can all across the Midwest! My wife, Lauren, and I live in Madison with our three daughters, Alyssa, Hannah, and Madelyn.
- March 2016, Matt was recognized as one of the Top 4 Under 40 Advisors in the state of Wisconsin by his industry and their association, NAIFA (National Association for Insurance and Financial Advisors)
- September 2017, Matt was named the recipient of another accolade, this time Advisor Today magazine’s “Four Under Forty Award,” given annually to only four outstanding advisors across the entire United States who achieve excellence in their profession by or before the age of 40.
- September 2019, Matt was recognized by Forbes as one of its Best-in-State Next-Generation Wealth Advisors, as well as became a featured author and contributor to its online article series, Forbes Councils.
- January 2020, Matt was recognized as one of the Greater Madison area 40 Under 40 by In Business Magazine.
- June 2020, Matt was named to the InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 list. The annual list recognizes individuals under 40 who have demonstrated leadership, dedicated time to philanthrophic efforts, and contributed to the financial planning industry.
- September 2021, Matt was recognized by Forbes as one of its “Best Next-Generation Wealth Advisors” for the entire United States.
- January 2023, Matt was recognized by Greater Madison’s InBusiness Magazine as an “Executive of the Year” award recipient in the Small Business category.
2016, 2017 Top 4 Under 40 Advisors is awarded to professionals based on their success in practice, continuing education, industry and community involvement under the age of 40 and is not specific to financial services and does not imply an endorsement, recommendation, or otherwise reflect the performance of the advisor.
2019 Forbes Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisor, created by SHOOK Research. Presented in June 2019 based on data gathered from March 2018 to March 2019. 6,389 Advisors were considered, 1,495 Advisors were recognized. Advisors pay a fee to hold out marketing materials. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.
2020 Investment News 40 Under 40 created by Investment News. Presented in June 2020, based on data gathered in February 2020. 1000 advisors were considered, 40 advisors were recognized. Advisors pay a fee to hold out marketing materials. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.
2021 Forbes Top Next-Gen Wealth Advisors, created by SHOOK Research. Presented in Sept 2021 based on data gathered from March 2020 to March 2021. 3,389 Advisors were considered, 500 Advisors were recognized. Not indicative of advisor’s future performance. Your experience may vary. Click here for more award information.
2023 IB Executive of the Year, created by Greater Madison In Business Magazine, is awarded based on leadership, innovation and company success. It is not specific to financial services and does not imply an endorsement, recommendation, or reflect the performance of the advisor. Go to https://www.ibmadison.com/executive-of-the-year/ for more information.